Social Media

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Divine Hat

I'm a knitter, crocheter, a yarn crafter.  I take on long projects and short.  I currently have a lace project I'm working on (which I'll share when it's done). It's my first so I'm taking my time on it to make sure it's right. When I don't feel like thoughtful crafting, I want something quick and easy, something that will satisfy my urge for immediate gratification. This was the case at 9:45 pm last Saturday night.

I went pattern searching on Ravelry. If you are a yarn crafter and aren't taking advantage of the wonders of Ravelry, check it out.

In my search, I found a pattern for hat - something I've never made before - and it looked easy enough, so I was in. It's called the Divine Hat.
Photo by  CymraesCrochet on ravelry
I adjusted the hooks sizes one smaller (I and G, instead of J and H), which turned out for the best in the end. I could probably have used a H and F and it would have just come out a little tighter.

Here's the finished product!
copyright Lauren Clancy 2014
It wears well and fits not only my small head, but my husband's fairly large one.
copyright Lauren Clancy 2014
The only person who it hasn't fit well yet is our 3 year old, but he pulls it off well anyway.

If you are a crocheter and are looking for a quick easy project, this one is for you. I started it late on Saturday night and finished Sunday evening. I probably invested a 3 hours over the course of 20 hours.

Note: if you don't know how to do front or back post double crochets, you'll need to learn for this hat. I went to youtube for videos. They were fairly easy stitches to pick up.


1 comment:

  1. *Insert Donkey's Voice* Yeah, that's a NICE hat!

    ReplyDelete