Social Media

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

PANCAKES!!!

When Sean and I started dating pancake breakfast with the full trimmings, eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, coffee, and juice, were a regular Saturday ritual. Also, we didn't care if we slept till 9 am and ate breakfast at noon.

These days both of those are much more difficult to make happen. We are still not an early rising family and we've been blessed with a child who likes his sleep. But because of the munchkin, we try to keep a fairly good schedule and still eat three meals a day, so breakfast around 11 just doesn't work well. Also, we've become much more realistic with time and $, so generally pancakes only get one partner - eggs.

My solution to the lack of Saturday morning pancake breakfast is that about once a month, I make breakfast for dinner. If I didn't, we'd never have pancakes. And little man LOVES pancakes. I mean who can blame him; they are delicious!

So this past Friday I decided it was pancake breakfast for dinner night. And we were getting special pancakes because the holidays just happened and I over bought on the eggnog - I made eggnog cookies. We had a large quantity of eggnog left and there was no way it was going to get drunk before it expired. Et voila! Eggnog pancakes!

And a special treat happened. We had to run to the grocery store for milk and a couple other staples and we saw bacon on sale. Now we are usually pretty picky about bacon. It needs a decent meat to fat ratio and usually the cheap brands don't stack up, so we forego bacon. BUT this sale was on pretty decent bacon, so we grabbed a pack to add to the dinner menu.


While Liam and I mixed pancake batter (he is the most adorable helper with cooking and baking!) Sean got to cooking bacon. Usually I would make the bacon on the griddle after the pancakes but a double batch of pancakes was on the way and Sean didn't want to wait. :)

This dinner was also different because I decided to change up the regular scrambled eggs for over easy.

I love that dinners like this make it fun for all of use to work together and do something other than exist in the living room while we each do our individual stuff.

YAY for pancakes!

This is Day 2 of the #writeandrun31 challenge. Check out http://writeandrun31.strikingly.com/ for more info.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for eggnog pancakes!! I have to make those too this week! We have a ton of eggnog left and I couldn't use it for waffles on New Years morning. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Eggnog pancakes! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back to blogging - I missed your updates!

    ReplyDelete