Social Media

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cauliflower is so Versitle

While shopping the other day, I found a great deal on a head of cauliflower, so I picked it up. Now we are firmly broccoli people. We regularly have to tell Liam to stop eating his broccoli and to eat something else on his plate too. So the purchase of cauliflower was met with a little resistance.
Now I know that people do some crazy stuff with cauliflower. So when I went looking for a recipe I was expecting outside the box, but I was surprised. I think the craziest use of cauliflower is as a rice substitute. Never would have thought of that one.

Instead I decided to roast it. It was wicked easy and I even fudged the called for ingredients, well like I almost always do.

Simple recipe
Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower - chopped into florets
garlic
seasoning you like - I used a Sicilian blend
enough to coat cauliflower - veg oil - i used canola

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.
put oil and seasonings in a ziploc bag
put cauliflower in bag with oil, sip and shake (it's like shake and bake)
put in casserole dish (i suggest spraying wiht a little cooking spray to keep it from sticking)
bake for 25 minutes - stirring half way through
top with parmesean and cilatnro and broil for 3-5 minutes

I substituted a mixed shredded cheese blend for the parm and it turned out good. I would stay away from softer cheeses, but anything hard would probably work.
 It was raved about for days and only 1 serving was leftover, which is saying a lot in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment